Established in 1999, the Friends of Vauxhall Park is a voluntary group whose aim is to protect and enhance Vauxhall Park as a place of freedom, recreation and enjoyment for all sections of the local community. We publish a regular and interesting newsletter, and work closely with The London Borough of Lambeth and its contractors. We became a registered Charity in 2016 (Registered Charity 1166894) and you can read our Consitution by following this link: FOVPConstitution 2016.
We are currently updating our Masterplan, originally drawn up in 2006 (download this document in our Archives) before the developments of the Vauxhall Nine Elms Battersea Opportunity Area, which will see 3,000 people moving on to the sites adjacent to the Park, were known about. Members of the FOVP committee have engaged with developers of the sites adjacent to the Park to try to secure S106 funding/Community Infrastructure Levy funds to ensure the Park’s future but a robust plan is necessary to ensure that the park has the necessary infrasturcture to support these new users. The Masterplan will identify future projects for the Park. A steering group consisting of members of the FOVP committee and Council officers has also been set up to commission new play facilities to update our very tired playground which we estimate to be over 20 years old. We will be consulting on what new equipment will be provided.
We are recruiting members and have set up a series of working groups dealing with a diverse range of subjects including children’s play areas, flowers and shrubs, conservation, sports and games etc. Please help support our work by joining us
The upkeep of the Park depends increasingly on volunteer work from groups of residents caring for particular parts of the Park to groups from the Corporate Sector spending days out from the office doing specific tasks. Recent work parties have cleared the brick labyrinth in the rose garden, cleared away bushes that were encouraging antisocial behaviour and created mosaics on three picnic benches. We welcome all volunteer help particularly when the council funds for the upkeep of the Park are severely diminished. Please contact us (email@example.com) for further information
Thanks to our supporters
The Friends of Vauxhall Park also welcome donations both large and small to help with our work and would like to thank all past donors of benches, trees and other equipment in the park. For this year, the Friends of Vauxhall Park would particularly like to acknowledge the following contributions:
- The Oval Montessori Nursery – for the planting of a new mulberry tree, the organisation of the Easter Egg Hunt, storage of equipment for many years and the continued sponsorship of the children’s area for our summer fair.
- Winkworth – main sponsor of the Summer Fair
- New Covent Garden Market – for supplying flowers for our stall at the summer fair.
- The Vauxhall Society – for their contribution towards our study into the impacts of the Bondway scheme which helped our case at the successful planning inquiry.
- Parco Cafe
- Kennington Oval Vauxhall Forum – Advocate for the Park in the planning process
- London Orchard Project – who paid for and provided the trees for our community orchard
- Metropolitan Public Gardens Association and Taylors Bulbs who have given the park bulbs for spring flowers
- Lambeth Parks Department
- Tessa King-Farlow, our resident horticultural expert who guides our gardening groups
- Laurie Rudham at Carshalton Lavender Field who allows us to use their Still to produce oil from our lavender flowers
- All our many volunteers and members for their continued support.
We welcome new volunteers to help with activities and general organisation in the Park. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chair: Charles Vyvyan
- Treasurer: Helena Lewis
- Secretary: Mandy Knight
- Membership Secretary: Anne Rogers (ex-officio)
- Children’s events; Louise Norwood
- Faith Boardman
- Polly Freeman
- John Roome
- Mathew Gwyther
- Charles King- Farlow