Welcome to Vauxhall Park!
Vauxhall Park was opened on 7th July 1890 by Albert, Prince of Wales (read more about our history here). It is located in the London Borough of Lambeth on the South Lambeth Road (A203) at its junction with Fentiman Road (B301) and comprises about eight and a half acres of land.
The Park facilities include a playground catering for aged 10 and under, the One O’Clock Club (see”Essential info”, right, for opening hours), a multi use games area predominantly for basketball/netball, Parco Cafe, two tennis courts, chess tables (bring your own pieces, or use those in Parco Cafe) in the lavender garden, the Vauxhall Motors Centenary Lavender Garden, rose pergola, the model village, an orchard, two fenced dog areas, a human sundial (in the lavender garden) and the Oval Montessori Nursery School.
Vauxhall Park has been awarded the prestigious Green Flag Award for six years in a row. The Green Flag Award Scheme recognises and rewards the best green spaces in the country, meaning that Vauxhall Park is one of the best of 1,452 green spaces in the country!
Coming up at Vauxhall Park
- Friends AGM Saturday 17th January 2015, 10.30am, Ashmole Hall 2 Meadow Rd SW8 1QB