In 1884, in an act of great generosity which we are still enjoying today, Henry and Millicent Fawcett gave their house and garden on The Lawn (which was approximately where the path parallel to the South Lambeth Road is) so that a Park could be established for the residents of Vauxhall. Some years ago the Friends of Vauxhall Park and the South London Fawcett Group planted a white mulberry tree to commemorate the great suffragette Millicent Fawcett. The metal plaque by the tree has become illegible and damaged so the two groups have commissioned a new stone plaque.
Lucy Haugh a talented stone engraver is working on the plaque which will be installed later this summer. We are very grateful to Marmi and Granito for donating the stone for the plaque. Watch this space!